In the framework of the MIME project, we have organized a one-day workshop with the colleagues of the University of Leipzig (Germany) on the topic of Lingua Franca.
This is the programme:
- 12:00-12:45 Sabine Fiedler: “Lingua franca as a strategy for meeting the multilingual challenge”
- 12:45-13:30 Cyril Brosch: “On the conceptual history of the term Lingua Franca”
- lunch break
- 14:30-15:15 Federico Gobbo: “Linguae francae between communication and identity: theoretical issues”
- 15:15-16:00 Laszlo Maracz: “The notion of Lingua Franca in the MIME framework”
- 16:00-17:00 final discussion.
We will meet in Amsterdam. The exact venue is:
University of Amsterdam
P C Hoofthuis
room 7.07 (*)
(*) Note. Take the last elevator in the corridor to reach the seventh floor.